Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter!!

We had a pretty good Easter this year. I love when we get to spend Holidays with Family. It's just not the same when it's only us at home. We headed to Utah Friday night and spent the night with Dallas's family then Saturday Morning we went to Garland. We took the kids to the community Easter Egg hunt where they got lots of fun goodies!Avery was so excited! Last year she was so young, she didn't really know what was going on. This year she ran and grabbed as many eggs as she could! Gavin and Kenzie were in the groups with the older kids so I didn't get to watch them but it looks like they managed just fine! Mackenzie and SaraAll the kids opening their eggs
and look who stopped by after the egg hunt... The Easter Bunny came to say hi to all of the kids!
We were all there except for Erick, Leslie, and their kids- I wish they could have been there!The kids got to have another egg hunt at Grandma's house. ready....set....Go!! Of course, Grandpa made his famous homemade ice cream.. It was SO GOOD!! Avery and Gavin thought so too!
The rest of the day the kids spent playing. I think they all had a good time. At least I know my kids did! The kids all fell asleep on the way home so we just packed them in, but a dry diaper on Avery and put them in bed so this is what they looked like Easter morning.. The Easter Bunny brought the kids a big cardboard playhouse and markers that they can use to color it! They were pretty excited! They also got baskets with a few treats, books, and movies in them. Mackenzie got Ramona and Beezus and Tangled, Avery is OBSESSED with Tinkerbell so she got 2 Tinkerbell movies, and Gavin got Bambi and Megamind. They were all pretty happy! The Easter Bunny even brought Dallas and I something- a new pocket camera. I LOVE my SLR but it is so big and I wanted something that I could just throw in my purse instead of having to pack around this huge camera all of the time. We got it a few days early though so I could try it out Easter weekend. It doesn't take as good of pictures as my other camera but I am happy with it. For things like "easter egg hunts" it will be nice to have a little camera to take along.After opening Easter Baskets it was time to get cleaned up and ready for Church. We were in such a rush that I didn't have time to get any decent pictures of the kids. I snapped a few of Avery while the other kids were getting ready.
Avery in her easter dress As soon as we got home from church, Avery wanted her dress off so she could put on the tinkerbell dress that grandma Sill gave her for Easter. Mackenzie's Easter Dress Gavin dissapeared outside outside so I snuck a picture when I got the chance! I will have to be a little more prepared next time they wear their easter clothes so I can get a decent picture of them all together!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

This made me home sick- I wish we could have been there with all of you! I looks like you had a great time though. The kids are getting so big- can't wait to see everybody again!