Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy 9th Birthday Mackenzie!!

k birthday 004 copy

Mackenzie celebrated her 9th Birthday on the 15th of January and Dallas celebrated the big 30 on the 16th. My mom even surprised us by coming and spending the weekend with us! All Mackenzie wanted to do was go ice skating for her big day so she had Jaydee sleep-over and then we went ice skating. This is how the kids entertained themselves friday night… They made a big “spider web” in the living room. They wanted to sleep under it but I was mean and made them take it down. Avery kept getting all tangled up in it which was hilarious but I really didn’t want to get woken up in the middle of the night because a disoriented child had gotten tangled up and was screaming bloody murder. They sure had fun with it while it lasted though!k birthday 008 copyk birthday 009 copy

Avery had a blast with my mom here. Grandma played with her and read to her and Avery couldn’t get enough of it. I wish I had taken a picture when they were snuggled on the recliner and Avery was teaching Grandma how to play angry birds. So cute!

k birthday 015 copyj

Avery was so excited to go ice skating.

k birthday 018 copy

That excitement only lasted about 30 seconds! She hated it! Good thing grandma was there so Avery could sit out with her and I didn’t have to go out because I love ice skating!

k birthday 025 copyk birthday 026 copy

Mackenzie and Jaydee took right to it! They did great and they both loved it! Mackenzie could have stayed all day!

k birthday 029 copyk birthday 030 copyk birthday 032 copyk birthday 038 copy

It took Gavin a while but he got the hang of it too and had a great time!

k birthday 040 copyk birthday 048 copyk birthday 053 copyk birthday 064 copy

I pulled the girls around the rink going as fast as I could and they kept up pretty well. They only fell a few times!

k birthday 066 copyk birthday 074 copy

Here’s one of those times! Luckily they didn’t pull me down with them! Grandma Sill came later and brought Shelby, Trey, and Tage with her. The boys didn’t really like the ice skating but Shelby loved it as long as Dallas was holding onto her. After ice-skating, we went to Nelson’s frozen custard for lunch and ice-cream, then we went to the store so Mackenzie could pick some things for her Birthday. She picked pet shops. I thought she would have grown out of them by now. She also got a new TV for her room.

k birthday 077 copy

The next day, which was her actual Birthday, we made some Birthday cakes for her and Dallas and they both blew out their candles.   Happy Birthday Mackenzie and Dallas! I love you both!!

k birthday 081 copy

I just had to add these pictures. Avery has this weird thing she does and my sister Sherin pointed out the fact that I have never taken a picture of it. She started doing it when she was just a tiny little thing. She quit for  awhile after I took her binki away because it goes hand in hand with the sucking. Then she started sucking her thumb and started doing it again.

k birthday 085 copy

She pulls fuzzies off of her blanket and puts them on her nose.

k birthday 089 copyyk birthday 106 copyk birthday 114 copy

Then she rubs the cotton back and forth across her nose with her finger. A lot of times in the morning, she wakes up with cotton in her nose. Sometimes I will be sitting there and she will reach over and pull a fuzzie off of my shirt and stick it on her nose. It’s the funniest thing! I think she is absolutely adorable!

k birthday 091 copy

1 comments:

Queen of Kings said...

What a fun Birthday celebration! You are a great Mom for even letting them build the spider web ha ha. Avery is so cute I laughed out loud at the fuzzys off your shirt. She is darling all of your kids are! What a cute family!