Sunday, February 1, 2015

Christmas.. and stuff

 I have a lot to catch up on! First of all WE MOVED!! We sold our house and moved into "The" house! I love it here! Here's a few pictures of Avery from the Christmas dance performance. I didn't have my camera because it was missing for a while after the move but I snapped these with my phone because Avery was being so funny.. She hates her costume. HATES it! To the point that she wanted to  quit dance just so she wouldn't have to wear it.

 Saying goodbye to this place.. Oh happy day!
 Avery begged me to take this picture while we were shopping for new furniture.
 Grandma Clause (Grandma Sill) showed up with a surprise for Gavin.. a new puppy! He was so brokenhearted about losing Tucker that she wanted to cheer the little guy up.. With a mini Aussie named Cooper. It worked! He was so excited! The little guy is a terror! He is wild and crazy and so mean to Ellie but hopefully we will get past that. He is doing great potty training though so that's a plus.
 My new kitchen.. I want to paint it sometime soon but I am in love with this room!
 Mackenzie's room was quite the project.. She wanted chevron! It took me 7 hours just to do the grid and the taping.. 11 hours total to paint the one wall.
 Avery's room
 upstairs family room
 New paint in the upstairs family room. Dallas hates my end table.. I love it!! It now has teal and white curtains and a big grey area rug. And my electric fireplace stopped working. I am so sad!
 We've also inherited the neighbor's dog Chevy.. He loves us so much that he jumps the fence and sits on our back porch and begs to come in.. When we let him in, he just makes himself at home. I'm sure the neighbors are tired of having to come over and get him every other day. We don't mind. My kids love him!
 This was Avery's letter to Santa this year..
To satu
I wood like elsa pawers and majik chapstic and elsa stuff.
Love Avery Sill
This girl is impossible to please! Last year she wanted a deer hat with horns so she can "charge the bad guys."

Avery reached her reading goal of passing 80 AR reading tests and got her samurai! This was a goal for the school year and she did it in less than half! Good job Avery!
Gavin participated in the science fair this year and he had so much fun! They said he did a fabulous job during his interview. Good job Gavin!
 My school picture for the year. I hate that they make us get them taken. I look like a dork.
 The other day me and Avery went on a shopping date to Utah.. It was so much fun to hang out with her. Just the 2 of us. We don't get to do that very often.
 Dallas took the other 2 and went to Vernal to pick up this.. A big horned sheep that he found while working a few weeks ago. Once they finished their investigation, they let Dallas have it.. Lucky me.. I get to have this hanging on my wall sometime in the near future. Yay! (insert sarcasm)
 It's already been a month since Christmas.. Geez- Where has the time gone? We had a great Christmas, starting with our traditional pajamas and blankets on Christmas Eve.
 Dallas and I went to bed at about 12:30.. And Mackenzie woke us up at 1:00. I told her to go back to bed.. She couldn't sleep so she watched a movie in her room then woke up Gavin and the 2 of them came in at 3:00. We gave in and let them open presents.
 Gavin and Mackenzie both wanted air soft guns.. They spent all day shooting at their targets in the basement. Then they went and had an air soft war with the neighbors.. Sounds fun doesn't it? Those things hurt if they hit the bare skin! Doesn't sound like fun to me.

 Gavin got his Tucker blanket. He sleeps with it every night.
There was one big box left behind the tree.. What could it be???
Disneyland tickets! And t-shirts and autograph books, and other Disney paraphernalia. We are going in February! The week of Valentines Day and Mark and Sherin and their family are going with us. We are so excited! We are now 10 days away!
 We had our annual Anderson Christmas party and Chris and Staci came all the way from Abu Dhabi to come see us.. It was so good to see them and to hear all about their adventures. I sure love my family!
 Mackenzie turned the big 12 a few weeks ago. She has been planning her party for 6 months. I think they all had a great time!
 Black lights, bright colored hats, and clothing, glow in the dark body paint, and loads of sugar made for a pretty fun night. We had 10 girls sleep-over. It was wild and crazy and they all had fun. This is a great group of kids.. I can prove it.. One of them dialed a random number.. to see if anyone would answer. When the guy answered they decided to prank him.. Then they felt so bad that they called back and apologized lol! I love these girls!
Avery and Cooper.. He's getting big!
 One of the things I love about living here is the clear skies and watching the sun set and rise each day. And I love the big puffy white clouds in the summer and looking at the stars at night..  I can't wait until summer! However, this winter has been pretty amazing. Last week for 2 days I wore capris and sandals.. and no jacket. It was in the 50's! In january! That never happens! It's been in the 80's in San Diego so I can't wait to be there!

0 comments: