Monday, May 11, 2009

My Sweet Baby!


2 weeks ago, I took Avery to the doctor. She had a runny nose for a couple weeks and her eyes had started draining also. She had a horrible sinus infection that had gone to her eyes and to her ears, so he put her on an antibiotic. Her eyes cleared up within a few days, but as of this morning, she has been off the antibiotic for 2 days and her nose was still yucky, and she was rubbing her ears all day yesterday. So I took her back to the doctor and Dr. Rose said she has a horrible double ear infection. He put her on a stronger antibiotic. Her nose has been running for over a month now so he wanted to check her for food allergies. He sent us to the hospital to get some blood drawn. It as awful!! Her arms are so chubby, you can't see the veins and her veins are so tiny, that they couldn't really feel them very well either. It took them almost 30 minutes to find a vein. I got so sick watching the nurse move the needle around in Avery's little arm, trying to get the vein that I had to lie down. Avery took it like a champ! She didn't cry at all. I couldn't believe it! They tried in one arm for about fifteen minutes, then they switched to the other arm and it took about 10 more minutes for them to get the blood drawn. It's pretty sad that she didn't shed a tear, and there I am lying on the floor, about to pass out. I think I would have been OK if I hadn't watched. The nurses couldn't believe it! As they were digging around in the first arm, she fell asleep! She said that she has never seen anything like it. Avery must have a very high pain tolerance. She is such a good baby. We won't get the test results for about a week. Hopefully, they will all be negative.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Poor little thing!

Potters said...

Oh my that is so sad! I hope she gets better poor little thing! I hope you felt good to drive home also!

Rindi said...

That's so sad. I feel bad for her. I had a really high tolerance for pain until I got pregnant and now its gone. I wish I had it back. I swear I'm the biggest baby now.

Norton's said...

Tough little girl that's for sure. It makes my arms hurt just thinking about what she had to go through for them to find her veins. :( I hope the test results come out negative.

McCreath's said...

Poor Baby!! I would have had to lie down too. I hate the needles and the blood. That is great she did so well with it though! Hope she gets better soon!

Shane and Beth said...

Don't feel too bad, I couldn't be in the same room when Kaylee was getting her blood drawn either:) Towards the end of her sickness though I could sometimes peek around the corner after she had stopped screaming and I knew that the needle was in. It is so sad seeing your children having to go through things like that! They had a really hard time getting Kaylee's i.v. in too....so glad Shane was there for that!! Hopefully she will get feeling better soon and you wont have to be doing that again!!

Coby and KaeDawn said...

Oh I hope she gets feeling better.. that's no fun:(

Travis & Alisa said...

That is so sad that they had to poke Avery and dig around in her arm for so long! I found your blog through Tiffany's! Hope Avery is doing better!

Alisa Nielson