Monday, April 26, 2010

Indianapolis!!!

Dallas and I went to Indianapolis for 5 days and it was so fun! The best part was...NO KIDS!!!! BTW- Thanks mom for watching the kids so we could go!! These pictures are backwards but I am not going to take the time to change them! Going home- I took this from the airplane as we were flying back into Salt Lake.

Our last stop of the trip was to the Indianapolis motor speedway. It was fun to see. It is so much bigger than I would have thought. We went on a tour of the grounds and went into the museum where there were lots of cars- lots of really old ones and some newer ones. There was a fun gift shop too- Of course we had to buy lots of souveniers everywhere we went!
Getting ready to check out of the hotel- Which was really nice!
a few pictures of the city

dallas and Eldon at the FDIC convention

Joni and Amber

In front of the stadium
A few pictures from the convention- It was HUGE! The stadium was Packed and so was the convention center. It was all guy stuff but I did manage to find a few fun things for the kids.

They have these cat walks all over connecting the different buildings so you don't have to cross the street which I thought was so nice!
A view from the top of the stadiumThis is our rental car. It only had 33 miles on it when we got it. Dallas and Eldon spent the first 2 days in class at the conference- Amber and I met up with them after class got out but while they were there, we shopped till we dropped! There was a big 3-story mall and it was fun to go to becuse they have so many stores that we don't have around here. And, I don't ever get to go shopping without fighting 3 kids so it was so nice be able to do some STRESS-FREE shopping!
I met Eric Estrada. I didn't know who he was at first- but he was really nice.
There were a lot of neat really old buildings there. This one was my favorite.
I had to throw this in. This is Dallas coming back from the swimming pool. It was pretty funny. It was so nice to get away- no cleaning, no cooking, no laundry, and no kids for 5 days! We ate at some really good resturaunts and I ate way too much!! But, that is what vacations are all about!!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What a cool little getaway!

Rindi said...

Love the boots and swimming suit!! What a fun trip!

Gina said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. I gotta say though....my favorite pic is the one of Eric Estrada mauling you!! Too funny!