Wednesday, July 28, 2010

what????

Oh, I looked out the window and what did I see?? a moose in the backyard eating my tree....

I went out to mow the lawn the other day and this is what I saw when I opened the door!! It scared me to death!! I am just glad that he was on the other side of the fence!! The kids had fun watching him reach over the fence and eat the leaves off of our tree!! He was back there for quite a while, till the cops came and chased him off.
SWIMMING LESSONS!!
It's that time of year again!! The kids just got done with swimming lessons. They both enjoyed it but are always glad to be done. Gavin passed level 2 with flying colors and again, Mackenzie didn't. The first year she took swimming was 4 years ago, and they bumped her up from level one to level 2 saying she didn't need to take level one so I thought she would just fly right through. Not so much!! This was her 6th session of swimming lessons in 4 years, and she has yet to pass level 2! She loves the water but she is terrified of swimming! She would prefer to float around on a floatie rather than try and swim. I have to say though, that she did much better this time!! She is getting to be more comfortable in the water so hopefully next time she will pass!! I don't care if she is never a great swimmer, I just want her to be able to stay above water for safety reasons. I want to know that if she falls in, she will be able to get out!!
Gavin has no fear which is actually a very scary thing sometimes so he did pretty well. Sometimes I wish they could rub off on each other a little bit. It would be nice for Mackenzie to get a little bit of Gavin's fearlessness, and for Gavin to get a little bit of her cautiousness!! I love them both though!! Just as they are!!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is crazy about the moose!

Rindi said...

How crazy! I want to walk out and see a moose. We had so much fun. Next time you guys are in town, we'll have to play ripple, and Nerts. Although if we're at your parents, Dallas will have to learn the name of the game :)

Gina said...

First of all...super jealous. I LOVE Moose. I would be thrilled to see one in my backyard!!!

I think that Gavin and Daphne need to hang out. They both have no fear! ha ha