Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

jordan's wedding 207 copyd copy

Today was Avery’s 3rd Birthday. It makes me kind of sad. She is growing up so fast! I Love this picture of her. It just makes me smile every time I see it! She was so funny today. She has been so excited about her birthday but when she woke up today and I told her that it was her birthday, she got mad. She would yell at us every time we sang Happy Birthday. She said she does not want presents, and she does not want to be 3. She just wants to be 2. She has always been resistant  to growing-up.  Most kids are in such a hurry to grow up.. Not my Avery. She rolled-over, crawled, and walked later than my other two. Not because she couldn’t do it, but because she didn’t want to. She slept in her crib till just a few months ago and she threw a fit when we made her move up to a big bed. Even last week, I was watching a 5 month old baby and Avery kept taking his binki away from him because she wanted it. She would sit in the baby entertainer, and wanted to sleep in his play-pen. She still loves being held like a baby and wants to be carried everywhere we go. Dallas isn’t home today so we aren’t going to celebrate till tomorrow but Grandma and Grandpa Anderson came today so we took them over to the Mountain Man Rendezvouz that was going on this weekend. It didn’t take me long to remember why we never go to it! I’m sure my mom loved seeing all of the nearly naked 50 year old men wearing nothing but chaps and a loin cloth. I know I sure did.Winking smileIf only I had taken my camera.SmileOnce Grandma and Grandpa came, Avery decided it was okay to be three and then was happy for the rest of the day. We have been working on her cake and are almost ready to party tomorrow! Happy Birthday Avery! We are so lucky to have you in our family. We love you so much and hope you have a great Birthday!

0 comments: