Saturday, April 14, 2012

Projects

This is my latest project.. a desk for Kenzie’s room. I think it turned out pretty cute!  I should have painted it black- it would have matched their room better but I really wanted it white. I found a chair to go with it last week so now I need to re-finish that and we’ll be done!Untitled-1

desk 069

We also got a new bed for the girls. I just did not like their room at all. It was so cluttered that it felt messy all of the time. They had no-where to play and it just made me frustrated every time I went in there. So- we got some bunk beds. Mackenzie loves sleeping on the top and she loves that I don’t get mad at her for putting piles and piles of stuffed animals on her bed. I made her keep her other bed cleared off before because it just added to the feeling of chaos. Now her bed is above eye-level so it doesn’t bother me if she has toys up there. Avery’s bed folds up into a futon so it’s nice to have a place to sit and snuggle while we read stories! We also brought in our old black entertainment center to use it for storage. We got rid of all of their toy boxes and put some plastic drawers where the tv is supposed to go then we put baskets on all of the shelves. It might not be the most creative solution but it works!   desk 066

desk 006I also put 3 big underbed storage bins under the futon for stuffed animals and dolls. As you can see, Mackenzie does not keep her stuffed animals in them. She keeps them on her bed so she can sleep with them. This is actually less than half of her stuffed animals. I think she has a problem lol!

desk 007

Mackenzie has been playing jr. jazz basketball and she loves it! I asked her if she likes basketball or sewing more and she said sewing but I am so glad we finally found a sport she actually likes!

0 comments: