Monday, September 10, 2012

I have lots to post and I will get to it eventually but these past few days I have been thinking about Tina a lot. Yesterday marked 6 years since she passed away. It's weird because sometimes I think of her and it seems like it was just yesterday that we were taking our kids to the park, going shopping, talking on the phone, watching movies, or taking the kids swimming. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were saying goodbye. But then other times I think of her and it feels like it all happened a lifetime ago. I  have a hard time remembering what her voice sounded like and it makes me wish I could hear it again. I miss her so very much!! I came across this poem yesterday and it seemed very appropriate for the occasion.

We thought of you with love today.
But that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday.
And days before that too.
We think of you in silence.
We often speak your name.
Now all we have is memories.
And your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake.
With which we'll never part.
God has you in his keeping.
We have you in our heart.



Love you always! Miss you dearly. Thinking of you today and always.

1 comments:

Allyson said...

I can't believe it has been 6 years! It feels like it has been forever, but then again it feels like yesterday.
I still feel like every time I go to Garland she is going to be there because she always was.