Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Sill Family Fun

Mackenzie's Birthday!! 
 Can you believe this girl is 13 years old?? We officially have a teenager! Mackenzie is a great kid and we love her to pieces! I can't believe that in three years she will be driving!! That is a scary thought!
 For her Birthday she wanted to have a pool party so that's just what we did!

 Mackenzie played on the 7th grade basketball team this year. She learned a lot and and had a great time. She is looking forward to playing again next year.


 OUCH!!
Avery came home from school one day and told me that she was mad because she had missed out on all of the fun in PE because she had hurt her arm.. She had tripped on her skirt at school and fell on the black top. She didn't complain other than that. The next morning before taking her to day care, her wrist was a little swollen. By the time I got off work and picked her up it was really swollen and looked a little funky so I took her to the clinic to have an x-ray done..
sure enough, it was broken.. He gave us 3 options.. Set the break there in the clinic.. um, no!  Go the the ER in Park City to have it set, or just cast it and HOPE it heals ok.. HOPE it heals ok???
She's laughing at me because I got so light headed while talking with the doctor about our options I had to lie down on the floor..
 Off to Park City we went! They said it had been too long and the bone had already started healing- in order to set the bone they would have to re-break it which would do more damage than good so they sent us home and told us to follow up at Primary Children's after a few days.

 She didn't want me to take a picture of her in the gown they sent her nome in because her shirt wouldn't fit over the brace.
 She got to wear a sling and a brace for a week
 Then she got her pink cast
 After 6 weeks she was ready to have it taken off! She got a black brace to wear for 2 more weeks and then we were done!
 Afterward we took her to Billy Blancos in Park City for lunch to celebrate.
 On our way home from the Park City ER my trusty Kia broke down on us leaving us stranded off the side of the highway 45 minutes from home. Our friend Jared finally came and rescued us at about midnight and then the next morning we had to tow the car to Kaysville to have it fixed.. It was a bad oil intake valve.. I love my car.. I picked it out and bought it all by myself. Dallas however, has always HATED it.. It doesn't handle the winter roads very well it's true.. That was my only complaint but Dallas hated everything about it.. So- he decided it was time to say goodbye to the Kia.
 and hello to this ugly monster.. 
 just kidding.. That was my rental while we had a DVD player installed in
 My new Dodge Journey. I do like this car but I still miss my cute little kia even 4 months later.


 PINEWOOD DERBY
 Gavin participated in his second pinewood derby and he did great considering me and him put his car together without any help from Dallas.. I am a lame mom and didn't even take a picture of the car!
 Anderson Grandkids all together!!
 For the first time in what seems like forever we had all of the Anderson Grandkids in one place for a few short hours.
 Leslie and the kids flew in so she could go help her mom for a few days so we all met at the City Creek Center in Salt Lake for dinner and to let the kids play. It was so much fun to have everyone together.

 Gavin's 11th Birthday!
We got season passes to Lagoon for Easter this year and for Gavin's Birthday he wanted to put those passes to use!
 It was a great day and the weather was perfect!
Then he wanted lobster for dinner so we went to Red Lobster. He spent most of his time trying to get the lobster meat out so he hardly touched anything else. He loved it!
 Helping me make breakfast on his big day! 
 He wanted new hunting gear.. so that's what he got!
Dallas wasn't able to go to Lagoon with us for Gavin's Birthday because he was sick so we had to have a do-over.. We've decided the spring is the best time to go! The weather is perfect and there was hardly any lines to wait in!


 I think we wore her out..

 Spring in Wyoming = Soccer in Salt Lake
Gavin played on the traveling soccer team again this spring and it was a lot of fun.. It's a big commitment and I get oh so tired of driving to Salt Lake but I just have to keep reminding myself that it's just a part of living where we do.. We have to travel.. For EVERYTHING! Now they are putting together another traveling team for the fall so we will be living in Utah every weekend in the fall too- but it will be with a different team so instead of being the youngest on the team and playing with kids that are up to 2 years older than him, he will be the oldest on the team.. I think it will be a good experience for him.


 Track
Mackenzie was on the track team this year.. I was only able to go to one track meet because it always overlapped with soccer but I think she enjoyed it for the most part.. She didn't really want to do it but I think it's a good way for her to stay in shape. She did the long jump, the triple jump, a relay, and the 100 I believe. 


 Dance Competition
Mackenzie had what will probably be her last dance competition. With everything she is involved in at school, she has decided she doesn't want to dance anymore.. She says it's just not as fun as it used to be. My baby is growing up! I didn't take any pictures of them dancing because they never turn out anyway.
 Avery's hair.. I didn't even get a picture of her in costume.. Lame!
 We went to eat at Arctic Circle after they finished dancing.

 More Lagoon Fun!!

We are putting those season passes to good use! We went 3 times before school even got out.


  Happy Mother's Day to Me?? I guess..
 I told Dallas I wanted some new patio furniture for Mother's Day. He got me camo.. Head to toe camo. Let me clarify that in 15 years of marriage never have I even once gone hunting with him. He really thinks he's going to get me to go. I don't think so.. So, it looks like he will be getting some new patio furniture for Father's Day!
 I went with Avery to her 1st grade field trip to the treehouse museum.. Other than the bus ride, (I get carsick ) we had a great day!
One day I got a call from the nurse at Gavin's school telling me that Gavin had gotten his finger shut in the big metal door.. He passed out and threw up. He's definitely my son. This is what it looked like when he got home.
 This is what it looked like the next day.
 and a few days later.. We poked a hole through his nail with a needle and drained it as much as we could.. It was gross.
 
 It took over a month but it finally fell off. It's now growing back and it looks so weird.

 Saying Goodbye is so hard.
 We had to get rid of Gavin's dog Cooper and we were all so so sad to see him go. He is such a fun, cute, friendly, boy. He would never hurt a fly but he really wants to be a herding dog.. He runs after the kids and snips at their heels.. Usually at the air behind their heels. He has never made contact.. Until he did.. With one of the neighbor kids whose Grandma then called the police. The officer showed up and he said it was just a little scratch.. not a bite.. But grandma demanded they file charges and since it broke the skin he had to. We had to quarantine him for 10 days, then Avery had a friend over and he did the same thing to her.. Didn't break the skin this time but did snip at her several times..  After two incidences in 2 weeks, we had to let him go. I couldn't have that hanging over my head all of the time- just waiting for it to happen again. I had to go to court because of the first incident. I had a public defender and I plead guilty to harboring a biting animal and they reduced my fine from $500 down to $200 because I had gotten rid of him. I cried while on the stand.. I never cry but I was so nervous that when the judge started asking me questions I just started crying. Gavin was devastated but I think we found him a good home. I hope. It was a sad day at the Sill house.

Yellowstone Cup Soccer Tournament
 Gavin's team played in the soccer tournament in Rexburg again this summer and we had a great time as usual.. Our first stop of course was to Bear World.. We love that place!
 The hotel pool is always a favorite too!
 The boys played hard and they did much better this year than last.. Still no wins but the games were close.. nothing like the 0 to 17 game we had last year.. Ouch! In most of the games they only lost by 1 or 2 points so we are definitely improving! 




 We had about 6 hours to kill between games one day so we took that time to do some paddle boarding at the lake. It was so much fun!


It is aways bitter sweet when the soccer season ends.. I breathe a sigh of relief while at the same time am a little bit sad that it's over because it really is a lot of fun for all of us.. We've got a short break and will be starting back up in August! 
We watched Jordan and Breann's kids for 5 days while they went to Vegas. It was a lot of fun having them here. We don't get to see them enough.
Shelby had fun kayaking.
 I LOVE this baby!
catching frogs
More Lagoon fun!


Summer wouldn't be summer without spending a few days at Bear Lake! Gavin went to Fish Lake with his Grandpa for a few days and while he was gone me and the girls met Sherin and her kids for a day at the Lake. We stayed till dark and it was a perfect day! We can't wait to go back!

0 comments: