Friday, July 31, 2009

Swimming Lessons

This summer has been going by so fast and has been so crazy that I haven't haven't even thought about keeping up on our blog. We haven't necessarily done anything exciting, but we have been so busy. I can't believe that school starts in three weeks! The kids took swimming lessons again of course. Gavin loved it this year and did really well. He will hold his breath and go under water and stay there for a long time, which is a huge improvement from last year. Last year, he wouldn't even put his face under.Mackenzie has gone through 4 sessions of swimming lessons, and still has not passed level 2. The poor thing loves the water, but HATES swimming. She just wants to stay where she can touch. She can swim and she will as long as she is where she can touch, but as soon as she gets to where she can't touch, she panicks and WILL NOT let go of her teacher. She just clings to them. She really doesn't like swimming lessons, and never has, but I keep making her go because I want her to know how to swim for safety reasons. I took them a lot at the beginning of the summer, hoping I could help her get over her fear, but it didn't help any. She is so funny. So, next year, her and Gavin will both be in level 2.

She would swim short distances, but her teachers had to force her to do it. The other day, Avery made her way into her and Mackenzie's room and started plying with some toys. She stayed in there and played for over 2 hours all by herself. She had never done that before, and she hasn't done it again but it ws so nice! Mackenzie and Gavin were gone, so I pretty much had a couple hours to myself!

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I just love Avery. I want to pinch her chubby cheeks!

Rindi said...

How nice. 2 hours of alone time! I wish Joye would play by herself