Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Girls' Room and a belated chritmas gift

It has taken me forever but I am almost done with Mackenzie and Avery's room! Mackenzie said she wanted bright colors so that is what she got! It is not completely finished but It's getting close. I still have to paint the trim and the ceiling, replace the blue blinds with white ones, and hang the closet doors. Plus, we are going to put up a chair rail to separate the 2 colors of the walls. I also have some shelves and pictures to hang but I am having a hard time deciding Where to hang them. We found this cute rug to match the polka dots on the wall. Plus, it will help protect the carpet


My friend made these vinyl letters with their names across that I put up over their closets. They turned out so cute!

This is Dallas's contribution to this year's christmas. It didn't get here until the 27th and the kids were so excited. He is an Australian Sheperd and the kids named him Tucker. When we bought this house I said that we would NOT get a dog. We haven't had very good luck in that department in the past and no one wants to take care of them so the responsibility always falls on me, and I DO NOT like dogs AT ALL. Apparently no one listens to me and I lost that battle pretty quickly. The kids just want him to be in the house all of the time but I can't stand having dogs in the house so he will be outside most of the time except when It is cold outside, he can come in the laundry room to sleep. He has been pretty good so far - It is fun to watch the kids with him though. Avery LOVES him!! She gets so excited and tries to feed him her binki and brings him toys and blankets. Hopefully we will have better luck with him than we did with the last one!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

The room looks great! Love the green and pink combination.

And I think every kid needs a dog. :)

Julie said...

super way cute room! I don't really like dogs either but an australian shepherd was my choice if i ever got one, they are so beautiful.

Rindi said...

Their room is super cute! I love the puppy, how fun!

The Garza's said...

Joni their rooms turned out so cute- I love it! you did a great job, and cute vinyl- haha

Amanda Davenport said...

I just love it! ITs going to look so cute when you are done the colors are perfect! And I love the names over the closet perfect!

Coby and KaeDawn said...

The girls room is so cute.. I love the colors! To see how cute it is gives me motivation to finish Braxtons room!!