Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Today I have been so frustrated with my little tornado. I have been trying to get the house clean and it seems she is determined to make me fail. Every time I turn around, I find that she has destroyed another room. I had folded all of the laundry on the table and had taken a pile of Mackenzie's clothes into her room to hang them up in her closet. I turned around to go back to to the kitchen to get some more and when I looked down, I saw a pair of little blue eyes peeking up from over the top of the mountain of clothes that Avery held in her little arms. I took the clothes from her and she had the biggest smile on her face. She was so proud of herself for helping and it was the cutest thing ever! My heart melted. It's the little moments like this that make all of the drama of parenting worth it!! Ever since, she has been my little helper. She helped me carry all of the clothes to be put away, she helped me unload the dishwasher, she helped me clean up Gavin's room, and she "washed" her tea party dishes with baby wipes. I love being a mommy! These are the moments that I want to remember!

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

With kids like yours, I'm sure it makes it all worth it!

Julie said...

How sweet! I love moments like this as well! :)It really does make it worth it!