Sunday, December 11, 2011

From old to new!

After Avery broke the glass in my coffee table, I didn’t know what to do with it! I priced a new piece of glass but I didn’t want to spend over $200 on a piece of glass that would probably just get broken again so I came up with another idea! table 002

I turned it into an ottoman! I cut a piece of plywood and put it in where the glass went, then I covered it in several layers of batting (6 I believe).

table 010

table 012

I then had Dallas cut about 3 inches off the legs, then covered it in a leather-like fabric.

table 014

Finally, I covered some buttons in the fabric and put the buttons in and voila! Our old coffee table is now a new ottoman!

table 013

3 comments:

Rindi said...

So cute!!! Nice job!!

McCreath's said...

how clever!! Love it!!

Queen of Kings said...

That looks awesome! Good work sister! You are a amazing!