Monday, August 31, 2009

1st Grade

I can't believe my baby is in 1st grade! Mackenzie started school today and she was so excited! I was worried that she wouldn't want to wake up because she has been staying up way too late all summer so I thought that it was going to be a rough 1st week of school while she adjusts to the new scedule. But, she actually woke up before the alarm went off! She got ready so fast then was just pacing around the house for a half hour waiting for the bus to come.She was acting like she was a little nervous. She said "I know what to do right when I get to school. I have to wash my hands. But, I don't remember what I am supposed to do after that". so, I asked her if she wanted me to follow the bus to school and walk her in to her class and help her get settled. She was so funny! She said "no! I don't need you at school! I just might need you to buy me stuff". My baby is all grown up! She is becoming so independant. It's such an exciting thing to a little kid and kind of nerve wracking to be going back to school-Into a new class. I know she will do great! She has some really fun teachers. (oh, and they are cute. Mackenzie couldn't stop talking about how "cute" her teachers are.)

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

She is adorable! So grown up!

Rindi said...

She's so independent. How dare you ask if she wanted you to go to school with her :)