Wednesday, December 1, 2010

All ready for Christmas!

Thanksgiving is over so now it is time for the christmas holidays! My favorite time of the year! thanksgiving was wonderful! We spent the day with Dallas's family. We ate lots of good food then grandma took Mackenzie and Gavin to see Tangled in 3D. They loved it! I am a little jealous now because I have never seen a movie in 3D. Someday I will! right now, I would rather do anything than try to take Avery to a movie. The last movie I took her to lasted about 15 minutes. I ended up just having to take her home while Dallas finished the movie the other kids. As you can see, I have no pictures from Thanksgiving. I did take my camera, I was all prepared... I got it out and started taking pictures, then I looked down at the screen and it said "no card".. the memory card was at home, in the computer.. So, just imagine me with a huge plate of food and a mouthfull of olives, and that pretty much sums it up! The kids are all ready for Christmas.. Here's some pictures I snapped before church on Sunday.. Of course, Avery had to have her baby in the picture.
Mackenzie has written about 30 letters to Santa. this is het first one. I thought it was cute.


Dear Santa,


I would like a new bike, a teddy bear to sleep with, a big stuffed animal, a new outfit for my mom (how sweet!), $1,000 dollars, a big bag of candy, a new pet fish, clothes, potatoes, cheese, and crackers, and 2 pillow pets.


ps. the fish I had died


ps. I don't care what pillow pets I get


Love, Mackenzie.


Gavin, on the other hand, could care less. He is very excited for christmas but he doesn't care what he gets. He hasn't written any letters for Santa and I can't get him to be at all specific about what he wants. He did get excited the other day when we were at the store and he saw the hot wheels- he said, "I know, I can ask santa for a hot wheels car!" So, that is his plan- to ask for a hot wheels.. I started laughing and told him- maybe you could even ask for two! It's funny that Christmas just keeps getting bigger and bigger, and here I have a little boy that would be happy as could be just to get a couple hot wheels! I am all done shopping and am ready to just enjoy the holidays. I like to get my shopping done early. It's a good thing but it's not because you say you're done, but then you keep buying more and more and then you forget how much you have bought, and the kids end up getting a lot more than you intended. That's what always happens to me, anyway..This time, though, I really am done- I did buy a little too much I think but my wallet has officially closed! Bring on the lights, the parties, the food, the 5 extra pounds, and the excitement of Christmas!!

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Christmas is a great time. The kids are so big! But they look adorable.

Unknown said...

only 5 extra pounds? I'm going for at least 15... What can I say, I love fudge.