Monday, December 20, 2010

SNOW DAY!!

Today, school was cancelled and the kids were so excited! We woke up to quite a bit of snow so they of course wanted to play in it!! we tried making a little hill so they could sled down it but it didn't work too well! We need a bigger hill!

Avery doesn't love the snow. She wouldn't keep her gloves on- so her hands would get cold and she would cry.

I pulled Avery around in the sled and she loved it! until she leaned to the side and fell face- first into the snow.
Snow angels! Gavin had his snow pants, coat, gloves, and snow hat on but they got wet so he went in and put on jeans and a light sewatshirt. He didn't stay out for too long after that! This is our ginormous snowman. Me and Kenzie spent about 45 minutes making it!
and here's a picture of our huge snowman next to Mackenzie. we tried! The snow was so powdery it would not stick together at all. We would get a big snowball started and it would just crumble. We had to go into the gutter to get the wet, slushy snow to get it to stick together.. Maybe we will try again tomorrow!

This is what happens when Avery plays with Gavin.
They were coloring with markers and Avery just decided to color herself instead of her coloring book. Then, gavin got in the tub and let Avery into the bathroom. She used the laundry basket to reach my make-up in the cupboard and helped herself to my mascara. Doesn't she look beautiful???
This is the kid's gingerbread house for the year. They are such a pain- they never stay together. Every year I buy one, then I say that I will never buy one again but then the next year comes and I end up buying one anyway. Last year, I got so frustrted, I finally hot-glued it together bacause it kept falling apart. This year- we got it to hold up for just long enough to get a picture! I had to throw this one in. I love this picture. This is from story hour at the library. Avery has seen santa 3 times now, and every day, she asks to see him again. I am so excited to see how she reacts on Christmas morning!!

1 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow! Haha. She looks lovely.