Saturday, October 4, 2008

Quirky

I have been tagged by Rindi
Let's See just how quirky I am
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
1- I can't stand clutter. If there is anything on the floor it drives me crazy. Toys, blankets, shoes, paper, anything. I wish I could relax a little bit for my poor kid's sakes but I really can't. I feel bad for them because they can be playing with something and as soon as they put it down, I'm getting after them to put it away. Mackenzie gets home from school and everyday, as soon as she walks in the door I'm telling her to put her shoes and backpack away. Gavin loves to play with his train but there are so many pieces that I feel overwhelmed by all of the little pieces all over the floor so it never stays out very long. I also can't go to bed at night unless the floors are clean and all of the dishes are washed.
2-I do not like when our plans are changed at the last minute. I wake up everyday with a plan for the day and I do not like it when those plans change. I also like to plan ahead- I make a list at night of everything I need and want to do the next day and it makes me crazy if I can't stick to that list. It makes it really hard to be married to Dallas because he does not plan ahead. He is a "we'll see when the time comes kind of guy" and that drives me crazy sometimes.
3-One thing that really bothers Dallas about me is that I can't sleep if he is touching me. He likes to cuddle in the middle of the night and I am always yelling at him to get away from me. I try to be patient and let him lay by me but when I'm really tired all I want to do is go to sleep and I can't do that unless he stays on his side of the bed.
4-One thing i'm sure you all know about me is that I like to talk. I can talk and talk for hours but when it comes to speaking in public I cannot do it. Even at employee parties or church functions, anywhere that there are alot of people, when I am put on the spot I freeze up and my face turns red and I just want to run away.
5-I am afraid of the dark. I will not go outside at my house by myself when it's dark. When I was working and I would come home after dark, I would sometimes call Dallas and make him come out and stand on the porch while I ran in. The funniest thing is that when I would have to go out in the dark, I would take one of the kids with me because then I am not afraid. I don't know why that is. It's not like they will be able to protect me. I think it's because I am so busy assuring them that there's nothing to be afraid of that I don't have enough time to think about being afraid myself.
6- One rule at my house is that no one is allowed in the kitchen when I am cooking. I hate to cook and for some reason, I cannot stand to have anyone in there while I am cooking. I need to have the whole kitchen to myself or I get really agitated. When I am making cookies and things like that, the kids love to help so I will let them. But, other than that, the kitchen is off-limits when I am cooking.
I tag Ashleigh G., Tiffany N., and Ashley W.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh I feel like I am always commenting on this thing but I had to tell you that I just laughed when I read this because seriously I can relate to ALL of these. Especially the being afraid of the dark. Too funny!!

Leslie said...

Joni,
So funny! First of all, I hate messes too, because if there is a mess things get lost!! On the subject of talking- the other day Bryn was walking about 10 steps behind all of us, and she was talking constantly. I'm not even sure what all she was saying, but talking non the less. Anyway, Erick turned around and said, "Come on Joni" It was so funny! Bryn thought it was funny too and started calling him Sherin, Staci, Tina, Bruce, Shirley anything she could think of. She thought it was so funny. The best part is, Kyler still calls her Joni every once in a while!!
And by the way, I hate the dark too, I think it is because of all the scary movies I watched as a kid.