Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Biggest Fear!

My whole pregnancy, since the first day I found out that I was having a baby, my biggest fear was that I would go into labor at home and not make it to the hospital. The closest hospital to my house is 45 minutes away. The hospital I was planning to deliver at is an hour and a half away. Once I go into labor, I go so fast that I always felt it was a possibility. I would start thinking about it and it would scare me to death because my imagination would take over. I was so afraid that the baby would come out and something would be wrong. What if she's not breathing?? I wouldn't know what to do. Luckily, the hospital agreed to start me 2 weeks early. Anyhow, Saturday night after the kids went to bed I decided to stay up and do some scrapbooking. At about midnight, my phone rang. It was my friend Melissa. She said that her water broke and wanted to know if she could bring her other kids over. They dropped them off a few minutes later. About 10 min. after that I heard a page for an ambulance and I started wondering. Then I heard the operator say to the peramedics who were en-route to cancel. That the baby had been born, was doing well, and that they were just going to drive themselves the rest of the way. She had her baby in the car on the side of the road!!! They were driving, and she told her husband to pull over because she could feel the baby crowning. He pulled the car over, and the baby was already out. Luckily, the baby was fine. I just thought it was funny because my whole pregnancy I was so worried about that and her whole pregnancy, she wasn't.

P.S. I took avery to her 2 month doctor appt. last week and she weighed 12 lbs 5 oz. She's in the 85% for weight, and the 25% for length. She's definately not going to be as tall as my other kids

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Did you know I was born in the car also? My parents lived in the boonies too (as u know) and couldn't make it in time either. The cord was wrapped around my neck twice but my mom just undid it. I hope your friend is doing well and that it never happens to you! Me Neither!

Rindi said...

That is so crazy! I would be so scared. She's Brave. Your Scrapbook page is adorable.