Sunday, November 30, 2008

All ready for Christmas!

Let me just say, ITS GOING TO BE A LONG MONTH! It's our tradition to put up the christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. We set it up and immediately Gavin started asking why there wasn't anything in his stocking. He is really into Christmas this year. He's getting old enough that he knows what it's all about- PRESENTS!! A couple hours after we set it up, he started asking "When do we get to open presents??" I tried explaining to him that we still have a while before Christmas and I thought he understood. Then this morning when we woke up, Mackenzie was asking if she could do a craft and Gavin Yells NO! YOU CAN'T DO CRAFTS ON CHRISTMAS! WE HAVE TO OPEN PRESENTS FIRST!!! He thinks that since the tree is up, it must be christmas. So, today our project will be to make those paper christmas countdowns. Maybe that will put it into perspective a little bit. I just have to say. my kids are lucky that I shopped early this year. I already have all of their christmas stuff paid for. A word of warning: If you're wanting to get an IUD, check with your insurance. Just because they've paid for all other birth control, doesn't mean they will pay for an IUD. I am now paying $800 for a tiny piece of plastic. That makes $3,000 that we've paid in 2 months (OUCH!) So, for chritmas this year, Dallas and I are getting BIRTH CONTROL!! WOO HOO!! (How am I supposed to wrap that??) Dallas is thinking that it's not fair that because of my stupidity, He gets nothing for christmas, but it's not exactly something that I can take back and say "I want a refund!!"



5 comments:

Marble Quarry said...

You are hilarious! I can't believe your insurance doesn't cover an IUD! Is this the first one you've had? If it is be careful, they can cause so serious mood swings. If you wanna know more let me know. And I wish my Christmas was ready, I haven't even started!

Marble Quarry said...

Actually it took almost half a year for the bad side effects to start. And it was more than mood swings. I felt worthless, cried all the time, and even wanted to end my own life. Just be really careful. It doesn't provide your body with all the hormones it needs like a birth control pill does. I felt 110% better after I'd had it out a week. It can do some scarey things to you. Even for $800 it's not worth the side effects it can cause you or your family!

Rindi said...

Gavin makes me laugh. He's so funny. Our insurance didn't cover my IUD either, we paid $800 too.

Marble Quarry said...

Yeah, I got Merena too. That's why I was kinda worried about ya. The only thing I realized was the crying a lot, my mom and husband recognized the rest! I had no idea it was the IUD. But the crying and the suicidal tenancies aren't the side effects they warn you about. I will NeVeR do that again!

Gina said...

Ha ha....well just tell Dallas that the money is well worth it if you aren't ready for another baby...they are MUCH more expensive. My washer just broke so for Christmas this year I am gonna have to give JD a washer. He will love it!! So see it could be worse.