Wednesday, March 24, 2010

HappY 24th Birthday Tina!!!

It has been 3 1/2 years and it still seems so surreal! Sometimes it feels like it happened yesterday and other times it feels like it happened an eternity ago. I remember my mom sometimes getting upset at us kids for fighting and telling us that we should always be kind to each other because you never know when it may be the last time you would see each other. You don't realize how true that is until you experience it. Tina and I were always good friends, but when you share a room with your sister, I think some tension is going to be unavoidable! I am just grateful that we were able to spend the last few years just being friends- without the drama! Today is a happy day though, not a sad one because it was today that Tina became my sister and that is always going to be a reason to celebrate! I wish she had been able to stick around but someone had bigger plans for her!! I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have- I know that she is okay and I know that she checks up on us every now and then, and most importantly, I know that she is my sister forever. She will always be a part of my life, and I know that I will see her beautiful face again!

2 comments:

Rindi said...

I have that picture hanging up in our living room. Alek walked by and said, "Hey how'd they get that picture off our wall?!?" So funny. The boys are always so excited for Momma Tina's birthday. They love going to the cemetary, I hope they always do. I loved going to my mom's headstone and talking to her, I hope the boys will continue to go.

Coby and KaeDawn said...

I love and miss her so much.. I think about her all the time and I have so many fun memories with her. I was thinking the other day about how we would always get into your stuff when you weren't home cause you always had the coolest things!! haha so sorry about that:) I tell Coby about her all the time and the things we did, he said he feels like he knows her. I am so thankful to know I will be able to see and talk to her again someday.