Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Pictures


I have been wanting to get new pictures of the kids but the lighting isn't that great in my house and everything is still so yellow and ugly outside. I did try to take some a couple weeks ago but the kids would not cooperate at all so I just decided that we would go to the studio and get some done. It has been a long time since we have done studio pictures. Some photographers are SO good and will bend over backwards to get the kids to smile and and will do nearly anything to get the perfect picture with the perfect pose and some... well, what you see is what you get. Sit, point, shoot.... Avery was very upset and would not sit, would not smile, and would not stay where I put her and the photographer really didn't even try that much to get her to cheer up. She just left it all up to me. But, the problem was, that as long as she could see me, she wanted me to hold her. When Gavin was little, the key to getting a good picture was for me to walk away where he couldn't see me- then, he was fine. So, after fighting with Avery for quite a while, I did the only thing I could think of and got her some candy. We did get a couple of pictures when I was holding the candy up in the air and teasing her with it, but in most of the pictures, she has a bag of skittles in her hand. By the time we got to the group picture, she was done so finally I tried just holding her on my lap and the photographer managed to snap one picure before she started screaming. Somehow, we managed to get a few cute ones of her which is a good thing becuse I think it's going to be a long time before we try that again!! For now, I will just stick to doing them myself!

3 comments:

~April~ said...

Very cute!!!

Joe, Mandy, Lindsay, & Aubrey said...

awww, she is still so cute tho, skittles and all! Who did you take them to? It's so hard when the photographer doesn't even try. :(

Coby and KaeDawn said...

Your new pictures are so cute! Good idea giving her candy.. I might have to do that next time Brax wont cooperate!