Friday, March 19, 2010

random

I have been horrible at keeping up with this blog. I will do better.... someday... We have been busy with the house- the story of my life. One day it will be done. We are getting closer though. The living room is done for now. We will replace the light fixtures one of these days but for now, it is done. The flooring and light fixtures in the kitchen and hall are done, everything has been painted except for the bathroom and laundry room, and all of the interior doors have been replaced besides our closet doors. We have them, Dallas just hasn't installed them yet. I will post some before and after pictures eventually!! Soon it will be time time to tackle the back yard. I am not looking forward to that! Here are some random pictures from the last month or so.Mackenzie with the horses

Gavin and his best friend Tucker
Mackenzie and her cat KallieGetting ready for church Gavin and I went on a date a couple weeks ago. It was so much fun! He is such a funny kid and I love spending one on one time with him! We went out to dinner and then we went bowling. Obviously Gavin didn't wash his fce after eating). And, judging from the expression on his face, it looks like he has inhaled a little too much cigarette smoke from the bar that is next to the bowling alley! Funny picture!
I took my old camera and it takes horrible pictures indoors.
St Patricks Day.
we have never celebrated St. Patricks day but since we moved here, we have realized how many people do. The teachers here make a pretty big deal about it and last year, Mackenzie just didn't understand why the lepruchun doesn't come to our house and he does go to so many other kids houses so I told her that they only come if they are invited. So, this past month she has been begging me to invite the lepruchuns, and, of course, I did. The kids set a trap and used a gold coin as bait. Somehow, the lepruchun escaped with the gold coin but he left the kids with lots of green treats... green pringles, juice boxes, bubble gum, candy frogs, and some green sour candy. They were pretty excited!
Mackenzie has beautiful morning hair don't you think??
While the lepruchauns were here, they made quite a mess! They threw blankets, pillows, and books on the floor, and they emptied the kids' drawers onto the floor! I thought this was a funny picture. Most days, I get Mackenzie's clothes out for her. She has just never really cared too much about what she wears. I just wake her up, grab some clothes out of her closet, and she gets dressed. Well, last Saturday she picked out her own clothes- and this is what she chose! She said that she wanted to wear a skirt but she was afraid that her legs would get cold so she put on some jeans under it. Problem solved!
and... This is what happens whan Avery is left unattended! I spent a couple hours yesterday in the bathroom. I am trying to get it ready to paint. After a while, I came out to check on Gavin and Avery and this is what I found... She had dumped a bunch of laundry detergent on the floor in the laundry room and had gotten into the markers and had colored all over the hardwood floor in the living room- Thank goodness they were washable markers!!

2 comments:

Rindi said...

Looks like you guys have had some fun. I love the last picture of Avery. She looks so innocent.

Joe, Mandy, Lindsay, & Aubrey said...

I love it! Sweet avery, ha ha! And I Love MacKenzie's outfit she picked out...so cute! :)