Monday, August 30, 2010

1st day of school!

It's official!!!.... Summer is over! We have had a great one but we were all ready for school to start! Gavin was SO excited for his first day of kindergarten!! They woke up early, ate some waffles for breakfast, got ready as fast as they could, and asked if they could go out and wait for the bus... Too bad they still had 45 minutes before the bus was coming!! They woke up a little too early! But, I'm sure that tomorrow the excitement will be over and I will be having to drag them out of bed and rush them out the door! all ready to go! Waiting for the bus! Gavin was determined to ride the bus on his first day so once they got on, I hopped in my car and followed them. They are the last ones on the bus so their ride is very short! They go straight to school from our house. Gavin knew right where to go- He walked right to his classroom, hung up his jacket and backpack, and sat down quietly. Then I walked Mackenzie to her class and she was more than ready to start the day!Mackenzie and Mrs. PerkinsGavin and Mrs. Brady. I think it's going to be a great year!! As for me, I am looking forward to spending some one on one time with miss Avery. It's going to be hard for her not having the other kids around. They will be gone from 8 am to 3:45 p.m. mon-thurs so it's going to be a hard adjustment for her. We will have fun though! I am mostly looking forward to nap time which means "ME" time!! Yay!!

2 comments:

~April~ said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mom that took the camera to school... ha ha! I think my dad thinks I'm a nut. I can't believe school is back. But at the same time, I'm glad. They were ready! Your kids are soooo cute Joni!

Marsha said...

I am really enjoying getting to know Gavin. What a great little guy! I most definitely should have left my cowboy hat on for the picture though. lol