Monday, August 2, 2010

Panic!!

It all started a few weeks ago... My kids both learned how to ride their bikes without training wheels. They were so excited and ever since they have been spending hours every day on their bikes. I had decided that now that they are riding without training wheels, they need to wear a helmet. My plan was to add helmets to their christmas lists.... well, lets just say I will not be waiting for christmas. In fact, I ordered their helmets this morning. The panic began last night... It was starting to get dark and Mackenzie and Gavin had gone into my room to watch a movie. A little bit later, I hear a knock on the door- I open it up and there is a lady that I don't know standing there with Gavin. I don't even know what she looks like because all I could see was my son. He was covered in blood... his face, his shirt, and his pants were bright red. My first thought was that he had been hit by a car. I froze- I didn't know what to do. I wanted to rip off his clothes to see where all of the blood was coming from. Then I heard her say that he had crashed on his bike. I grabbed him and took him into the bathroom, layed him down, and Dallas and I started taking off his clothes to see where the blood had come from. Thank goodness it was just his nose!! He must have sat there with his nose bleeding for a few minutes before she came to help. I didn't even know he was outside playing!! I guess he went out and was riding bikes with our neighbor's kids. He slipped off the curb with his bike and face planted it into the road. One of the kids ran and got help. I wish I had taken a picture of him before we cleaned him up because it was quite a sight!! I wasn't thinking about that at the time though! After we got him cleaned up the damage didn't look too bad. He has a HUGE bump on his head- it doesn't look too big in the picture but it is! He also has a fat lip and a cut up chin - and his knuckles on one of his hands are pretty scraped up. we woke him up every 2 hours last night to make sure he didn't have a cuncussion. Thank goodness he is okay!! The panic I felt when I first opened that door, I don't ever want to feel again!!

and this is how Mackenzie looked yesterday morning when she woke up. They had slept out on the trampoline Friday night with Dallas. Saturday her eye looked a little swolen. I asked her if it was a mosquito bite and she said no- Avery had thrown a flashlight and hit her in the eye the night before. Well, Sunday morning her eye was so swolen she could hardly open it. It was so sad. She cried because she thought the kids at church would tease her so Dallas stayed home with her. I gave her some benadryl and an ice pack and by the time I got home from church, it looked much better!

A DAY AT THE CIRCUS!!
Saturday the traveling circus was in town so I took Mackenzie, Gavin, and Mackenzie's friend Kolby. The kids had fun. Me- not so much.. I feel bad for the poor animals!

6 comments:

Rindi said...

Poor Gavin! At least it wasn't a car. Kenzi's eye looks awful. There is no good luck with any of us lately. We all need to wrap our kids in bubble wrap.

~April~ said...

So sad about the bike crashes!! Kyler just learned how to ride his in the last few weeks too! I seriously thought he was the oldest kid in history to finally lose the training wheels. Kamaryn is trying to ride hers now and then too. I don't want them to be big enough :P

Staci Scott said...

How scary! I know you have been worried about Gav on his bike. Hopfully he will now know that if the sidewalk hurts, a car would hurt much worse! I'm glad you ordered the helmets!

McCreath's said...

Glad he was ok and how scary for you!!! I would have been freaking out too!! Sounds like you guys have had a crazy few days!!! Glad they are ok.

Gina said...

I can't decide if I should be the good friend and say I am so sorry about their crashes or be mean and say "duh." I think today I will go with being nice since you are super nice to me. I hope they won't get hurt anymore after all that.

P.S. Don't you know that clowns are scary and you should stay far away from them??

Mark & Sherin said...

I thought that is what Rylee's eye would look like.. I hope they are both taking it a bit easy and healing fast..