Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bear Lake

We made our annual Anderson's trip to Bear Lake. I love that place! It was a really fun day. Except for the part where Avery disappeared and we couldn't find her.. I decided Avery and Bear Lake just don't mix.. First she drops my keys into the outhouse toilet, then she scares me to death because she ran off. I was watching all of the kids play.. The little girls were playing in the sand.. I laid down in the sand to get some sun.. I looked up a few times, saw her playing, and when I looked up again she was gone.. Luckily I knew she had her life jacket on so I wasn't really worried about the water but I thought someone had lured her over and snatched her. There was a lot of people on the beach. We all started looking.. I felt helpless.. I didn't know what to do because I didn't think she would wander off.. Not on her own.. Not when all of her cousins were there playing. Finally Braden found her.. She had wandered clear down the beach and when she saw him she ran from him- like it was a game. It was the most terrifying 5 minutes of my life. Never again will I take my eyes off of her when we are in a crowded place like that. 

0 comments: