Thursday, August 28, 2014

Our Blanding/Moab trip

Our first adventure this summer was a trip to Southern Utah.. We went to Blanding to visit family and we had a great time!! For their anniversary, my grandparents wanted to get the family together and to make a trip to the temple with as many as could go. It was an amazing weekend. The kids had so much fun at the ranch- they want to live there- and it was just so much fun to see family that we haven't seen in years. I wish I had gotten more pictures of the family but I just didn't really think about getting my camera out. 
We had to go to the reservoir while we were there. The kids tried to catch some fish- unsuccessfully. 
We stayed in the same hotel as Mark and Sherin, Staci, Braden and Rindi, and all of the kids.. We had quite the interesting experience at the hotel but it was so nice to have us all together under one roof. 
My kids loved the ranch and had a great time playing and exploring while we were there. 
I didn't get many pictures of Gavin because he disappeared.. At one point I looked up and saw him and Jaxon standing on the edge of a cliff. The had climbed clear to the top and were yelling down at us.. It is a long way down! I had my camera zoomed all of the way in in these pictures.. I had to look away because I just knew one of them was going to fall. Thankfully, they made it down safely. 
Here's my mom and her cute parents.  We don't get to see them enough.
A trip to the ranch would not be complete without a horse ride.
This was the highlight of the whole trip for my kids. 
The little girls were snuggled up with Grandma on the couch..
Along came a few more..
and more... How many kids can we fit on Grandma's lap?
We couldn't leave without getting some pictures with Grandma and Grandpa Palmer.
After leaving Blanding, we stopped to play and hike around in Moab. The weather was PERFECT!!
We also stopped at the Hole in the Rock. It's been so long since I've been there. The kids were pretty impressed. It was fun to see. 
All of the kids! We had all of the Grandkids there except for Erick and Leslie's kids.
Then we found this way fun sand hill to play on. The sand was soft and powdery. Like flour. It was quite the workout to climb the hill. If I could do that every day, I'd be in shape in no time. The kids would climb up to the top then run down. We had many falls and it was pretty fun to watch.
Ouch!!
another ouch!
Mark and Braden attending to the patient. 
We had such a fun trip.. As soon as we left, the kids started asking when we will be going back. I sure hope we can sometime.

0 comments: