Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fun in the Sun

Fun in the what??? This picture was taken the end of June!! What?? Snow in June?? yes! It was terrible! In fact the weather was pretty crummy the whole first month of summer. It took so long to warm up. I was ready to move to Arizona!
The girls really like to take selfies on my phone.. hmm. priceless! 
We went to the zoo.. To see some animals.. and ride the train.. and eat some cotton candy..
We got off to a rough start. My little stubborn Avery has always struggled with responsibility. She wants to be the princess and doesn't think she needs to help with anything.. She won't help clean her room, she won't pick up any toys, and after fighting her for a few weeks I gave her an ultimatum.. Either clean up your own toys, or lose them.. after 2 more days of unsuccessfully trying to get her to pick up about 6 toys that were on her floor, I was done.. So we removed all of her toys from her room and put them in storage. She didn't care. So, here we are, 2 1/2 months later, and she has only gotten a handful of them back. She still won't help most of the time and doesn't seem to care about getting anything back, so as long as she doesn't care, they will remain in storage. Kids can be a handful!!
At one of Gavin's games, Avery found a spot on the playground that had some really fun sticky black stuff that had been warmed by the sun. Tar... She was covered.. It was all over her hands and all over her clothes. Then of course, she couldn't keep her hands to herself in the car so it ended up all over in my car too. Fun times!
I didn't take many pictures but of the 4th of July, Grandpa, Trey, and Tage came up. We went to the parade, played games at the fort, had a bbq, and went to the fireworks. 
This summer we got season passes to Seven Peaks water park. We didn't go as many times as I'd have liked to but we did make it over there a couple times and we had so much fun! We will definitely be getting passes again next year. 
Sara came and spent a couple days at our house and while she was here, they decided they wanted to do a lemonade stand. Then they decided to turn it into a fundraiser. They earned almost $200 for a little girl who goes to my school and was just diagnosed with cancer. It was such a fun day for them. Ella's mom even came and gave them a hug.
another precious selfie.
and more Seven Peaks pictures
One day Mackenzie asked if she could make brownies.. That girl loves to bake. So- she made her brownies and when they were done, she came around and gave us all a brownie.. This is what she gave to Gavin. A brown "E"! It was hilarious! Although Gavin didn't think so.. She definitely has her dad's sense of humor. 
Gavin and Avery both did really well in swimming lessons. Avery is learning to swim! wahoo!
Dallas bought me a pink gun!! I don't know what I will do with it but isn't it cute? I shot it once.. and couldn't hit a thing so hopefully I never need to use it. If I do, I'd better pray that the scare factor is enough to ward off the bad guy!
We were able to make one more camping trip and had a blast! We had some friends go with us.. The boys spent the weekend shooting guns and fishing, and the girls did whatever girls do.. Avery, well.. she just got eaten. All of the kids did but Avery was by far the worst.. I don't know what kind of bug it was but they weren't mosquitos. They were tiny black bugs with wings. Sort of looked like gnats.  They would bite and leave these little blood blisters. After the first day, I found 25 bites on Avery, I ended up with quite a few myself and within 2 days, the bites had turned into these welts that really hurt. It took probably 2 weeks for them to heal completely. I wish I knew what they were!
The kids also shot their bows at Gavin's deer target. Gavin picked up one of Dallas's arrows and somehow shoved the back end into his finger. It swelled up pretty bad. He was pretty miserable for a while. He also got shot in the back by his friend with the bee bee gun. So, I think our trip was a success!
They also shot a chipmunk with the bee bee gun! I can't believe they did that!! chipmunks are so cute! Why would you want to hurt them?

0 comments: