Thursday, August 28, 2014

summatime!

We kicked off camping season with a campout in the backyard. This is the best way to do camping!

Staci and her family moved to Abu Dhabi this summer. Before they left, we had a little bbq at my parent's house. I didn't really take any pictures but it was so good to see them one last time before they left on their adventure. They are going for Chris's job and will be there for 2 or 3 years. I am so excited for them! I would love to do something like that.
Gavin played on a traveling summer soccer team so that kept us pretty busy for the first half of summer.  It was fun to watch him play. He had an amazing coach and improved so much.
Summer wouldn't be summer without a few camping trips thrown in. We only got out a few times but it was so much fun. The kids love hiking around, and looking for little creatures that they beg me to let them take home.
frogs and snails.. eew.
Avery picked me a bouquet of flowers.. so sweet.
If you want to get a good workout in, take Avery hiking. You will end up packing her on your back and you will be really really tired by the time you are finished.

And this is what Dallas and the kids do to entertain themselves while dinner is cooking.
Yum.. Hobo dinners.
and of course, s'mores.
Time for bed.
Gavin loves fishing so we usually do plenty of that..
Ellie loves it too!
A cute boy and his best friend.
Mackenzie and Avery don't love fishing so they decided to play in the creek instead.
And he got one!!
This is what Gavin spent a lot of his time doing..  Cutting fire wood with the saw.
We love camping and I really hope my kids will always be willing to go and hang out with mom and dad. I know a lot of kids get to the point where they decide mom and dad are just too cool and they don't feel they can hang out with them anymore because they are intimidated by the coolness but I really hope that doesn't happen with these three cuties. Love them!

0 comments: