Wednesday, March 18, 2009

BOYS.....

Gavin has not had the best week this week. He's come home grumpy from pre-school, he's been having nightmares, which is probably why he's been so grumpy, and today he was playing with his bow and aarow, he took the rubber end off of it, so it was just the plastic tube, and I guess had it in his mouth, which we have told him not to do, anyway, he had it in his mouth and fell on it. He came to me crying and holding his mouth. I asked him if he bit his tongue, and he said yes, but when I looked in his mouth, there was blood in the back of his mouth, not the front. Then he told me that his aarow did it. I looked at the top of his mouth and there were 2 big gashes. They bled quite a bit for a few minutes, he kept gagging on the blood. He wouldn't let me look at it again. But after a few hours, I made him let me see it again because he won't eat anything, his voice has sounded different, and he has been having a harder time swallowing. I got a flashlight and looked at the back of his throat, and it's totally raw too! One side of his throat is all cut-up. It looks so sore. I feel so bad! He looks miserable! He has wanted to be held all day! Poor Avery has been completely neglected! It's a good thing she's such a happy baby.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That does sound miserable! Poor litte guy!

Gina said...

Oh no...I wonder if you will have to take him to the doctor. Hey...tell your hubby to stop digging holes all over town would ya!! Hannah wants to have Mackenzie come over and play. Let me know when is good for you!!

Potters said...

Oh Joni I wish you were closer so I could come help ya! I hope everything starts lookin up for you soon! Yours streak of bad things happen should end soon the baby being sick then Mackenzi now Gavin! you are such a great mom!!

Brooke said...

Oh, the poor boy! It sounds so yucky! I hope it gets better quickly without having to go to the doctor!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sad. I can't imagine how bad that would hurt and then how long it would take to heal. Hope it is better soon. Nightmares are so hard to deal with because they don't really understand yet. Hope things get better for him soon. It reminds me of that book, "the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, day" only in this case week!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

Boys will be boys won't they. That is sad but a little funny. I remember watching my brothers do things just like that. I love your music it reminds me of Joe.