Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gavin+Bedtime=Nightmares

Gavin has been climbing into bed with me and Dallas a lot lately. He always says that he is scared. I have tried talking to him about it, but he wouldn't really tell me anything. Last night, he did it again, and again, I asked him about it. He said that he came in because he got scared again. This time when I asked him what he was scared of, he said, "my dreams." He told me that he has been having scary dreams. He said the one last night was about Wolves. He said that they jumped on our car when we were driving and it was really scary." The look on his face when he was telling me this was so cute! Mackenzie was about the same age when she started having bad dreams. There was one night she started crying and when I went into her room she told me that a scary man came into her room and tried to talk to her. I asked her "what kind of man?" She said "a black one." I asked her what he said to her and she said "I don't know, I didn't want to talk to him." At this point, I was a little panicked by the thought of someone being in our house. I woke up Dallas and we searched the whole house. All doors and windows were locked. I was in bed, but had not gone to sleep yet, so there's no way anyone could have come in without me hearing them, so we knew it was just a dream. But, to her it had seemed so real.

4 comments:

Shane and Beth said...

It is so hard being a kid:) My kids have bad dream too, it makes me feel bad for them. I am like you though and let them crawl in bed with me, it just feels like the right thing to do and they are instantly comforted. Good luck and sweet dreams:)

McCreath's said...

Poor thing! Its hard when your kids have scary dreams. My girls have special snuggle bears that they snuggle with that help them feel better when they have bad dreams. Hope he quits having them soon! My girls are excited that you are doing achievement days! :)

Brooke said...

Sierra still has bad dreams and comes into our room. It stinks when kids have bad dreams. I remember having a lot of them when I was a kid. Poor Gavin.

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

Mine were always about wolves too and they were very scary! poor little guy.