Thursday, January 22, 2009

My CrAzY Life!

I often go to bed at night wondering where my day went. I wake up every morning with a long list of things that I would like to accomplish that day and very seldom do I make it through that list. I've decided that there just aren't enough hours in the day. Some days, I feel as if I accomplished nothing and that can be sort of frustrating. The days just seem to go by so fast and before I know it, the day is over and I haven't even made a dent in my TO DO: list. I guess I need to learn to manage my time a little better. (I should probably cut back on the time I spend on the computer :) I am a stay-at-home-mom, so you would think that I have all the time in the world to do the things that I need to do, but it isn't so. Anyway, this was my day today: Maybe if I see it all layed out I will feel better about how much I DIDN'T accomplish.
7:00 am: Got out of bed
Fed Avery
Woke up Mackenzie and made her breakfast
Got Mackenzie ready for school
7:50 am: Put Mackenzie on the bus
Played with Avery
8:20 am: Gavin woke up
Made Gavin breakfast
Checked my e-mail and messed around on the computer till 9:00
9:00 am: Got in the shower, got dressed, did my hair and make-up
10:00 am: Made Avery another bottle, fed her, bathed her, got her dressed
10:45 am: Put Avery down for a nap
Went outside and rode bikes with Gavin
11:20 am: Started a batch of laundry, and loaded dishwasher
noon: Dallas came home for lunch so I made lunch for him and Gavin
1:00 pm: Dallas went back to work
Changed the laundry
Fed Avery-AGAIN
1:30 pm: Ran errands, went to the bank, grocery store, ect....
3:00 pm: Changed laundry- AGAIN
3:40 pm: Mackenzie got home from school
Looked at Mackenzie's school work and talked to her about her day
4:00 pm: Went outside again with Mackenzie and Gavin to ride bikes
4:30 pm: Started making dinner
Fed Avery
5:30 pm: Ate dinner
Cleaned up the kitchen
6:30 pm: Played Pirahna panic with Gavin, Kenzie, and Dallas-fun game!!
7:00 pm: Started getting kids ready for bed
7:30 pm: Put Kenzie and Gavin in bed
8:00 pm: Watched The Office and My name is Earl with Dallas
9:00 pm: Folded laundry-Didn't get it put away
9:30 pm: Cleaned up the living/Dining room
Fell asleep on the couch with Avery
10:00 pm: Put Avery to bed
Blogging on the computer
as soon as I am done I will be going to bed. All I got done off of my TO DO list for the day was laundry. And I didn't even get it finished. On goes my not-so glamorous life. But you know what?? I don't even care!! I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!! I LOVE my life, I LOVE my kids, and I wish they would stop growing so darn fast!!

P.S. My friend Gina reminded me that I forgot to take Mackenzie to Girl Scouts after school today!! OOPS! OH WELL!!

12 comments:

Gina said...

Ha ha...that is exactly how my days always seem to go as well. But hey not to add anything else to your list but you must have forgot about girl scout's today. He he....I thought you might like to have something else to think about.

Allyson said...

I feel the same way. I rarely every finish my to do list which I don't know why I don't cuz I have only one kid and I am home all day. My problem is that Olivia doesn't sleep. She takes maybe two 30 minute naps a day and then hangs on my leg the rest of the day. I think you got a lot more done than I usually do.

Marble Quarry said...

You are SOOOOO not the only one. I've almost given up on making TO-DO lists. It depresses me too much. I figure if my house is presentable and my baby's are clean, dressed, fed and loved then I've done my "To-Do List" for the day. Ease up on your self girl! You are an amazing mom and wife. You do a great job and no to-do list should define who you are! In the long run laundry, dishes and cleaning aren't what really matters it's those adorable kids you've been blessed with!

Clayton & Kim said...

Ha ha ha...enjoy it won't last nearly long enough!! I love being able to check up on you guys! The kids are growing up waaaayyy to fast!

Gina said...

OK the next girl scout's is on Feb. 6th. It is a Friday and they only have half a day. We are meeting at the Senior Citizen's center in Mtn. View at 12:30 to give them valentines. And then since everyone will be starving we are thinking we will take them to Pizza Hut afterwards. I am going to be going and staying the whole time so if Mackenzie needs a ride and wants to come with me that would be great. Or you can come and stay or just drop her off. Whatever works for you. My hubby is off that day so I am leaving my other girls home with him. You just let me know when you get a chance.

McCreath's said...

It sounds like you did a lot that day! :)

Brooke said...

It sounds like a busy day! I love the picture of the kids kissing Avery crying. My day would have a lot more blogging on it, I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by, you're kids are beautiful and it never ceases to amaze me where the days go!

Marble Quarry said...

I edited my pics with picasa. I can't freakin' figure out photoshop at all. I really need your help!

Kristina P. said...

Josi, thanks for your sweet comment! Your blog is adorable!

And just reading about your day makes me tired.

Brooke said...

Okay, the letter I have chosen for you is "L". Have fun!

The Johnson's said...

Joni, let me just say reading this on your blog was so what I needed to hear (read) whatever... I was getting really hard on myslef cuz I couldn't figure out why I had no time to get anything done, but you outlined it perfectly. We haven't moved yet, we started looking, but decided we'd just wait until Clay's work picks back up. He wants to be a little pickier about our next house so we can actually stay there for a little while. So who knows..Maybe next year.