Friday, February 13, 2009

FINALLY

I finally figured it out! I have windows vista (hate it) and apparently my camera's software is not compatible with my computer. So I had to buy an ilink/firewire cable from sony. It only took me all day yesterday to figure that out. It was pretty painful. I went back and forth between the sony and gateway support centers for about 3 1/2 hours. I was going to post part of my conversation with Gateway on here, but you have to read the entire thing to get the full effect. But let's just say that I, who know almost nothing about computers, could work for Gateway. And I think I could do a better job than the person who helped me yesterday. It was so frustrating. The people at Sony told me that I need a 4 or 6 pin cable, depending on which type of port my computer has. I didn't know which port to look at because there are so many. So they told me to contact Gateway, and they could help me. I got passed around to 3 different people, and first, they tried to tell me that I had to subscribe to an online help support center and pay for a year subscription. I said, I'm not paying someone to answer a simple question. Then he said that he could help me, but kept trying to send me to their sales Dept. I told him. I just want to know which is the ilink/firewire port, so that I can order the correct cable. He then says "there is no such port on your computer, Joni. I suggest that you contact your camera's manufacturer." So then I said "I already did. They told me to contact you. Why were you trying to send me to the sales dept to buy a cable, if there's no port to put it in??" So then he comes back and says "The firewire port is port F on this diagram. and he sent me a diagram. Fun times. Anyway, Thanks for the help everyone, and Andrea, if you read this, I've been trying to leave a comment on your blog but it won't let me. BTW, Your baby is beautiful!



Gavin's Artwork
Gavin drew this last night and it amazed me. Usually when he draws, he just scribbles and draws circles. Then out of no-where , he draws a cat. I think he did a great job!! I will keep this picture forever!


Avery fell asleep in the high chair after eating the other day. I fed her, then went into the kitchen for a minute, and when I came back out, this is what I saw. She stayed like this for about 2 hours. Considering that she hasn't been napping AT ALL during the day lately, I was pleasantly surprised.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm so glad you got it figured out. That is such a cute picture of Avery.

Rindi said...

Why don't you like Vista? We have it and I love it. Anyway. That's an awesome cat. Avery is such a cutie. I wish Joye would just fall asleep places.

Kristina P. said...

Love the pictures!

And what a pain with your compupter!

Wright Family said...

Hey Glad you figured it out your so smart. I love when they sleep in random places.. Or just sleep i guess.