Friday, February 27, 2009

Update

The nurse from Mackenzie's school called this morning, and they are going to let her go back to school next week. YAY! She is so excited. She was really upset because she missed a lot this week. They had the dentist come talk to her class, which is always fun. Her class is going swimming today, and she's so sad that she can't go. she also heard that her class had a substitute teacher the other day. I don't quite understand whats so exciting about that, but she is thinking she missed something pretty big. She has had fun this week though, because I've let her play webkinz on the computer as much as she wants. I try to limit her computer usage, but this week, she's been able to use it alot more. She has also been able to sleep-in. (me too!) I got all of her work from the school, and have helped her with it. I talked to the nurse for few minutes when she called. She is really nice. I think I've been kind of a pain. I have just been frustrated with the way the school has handled this. She told me that if it were up to her, Kenzie would have been allowed to go back this week. But, the decision was not hers to make. She told me that she had fifth disease when she was pregnant...I should have asked her if it caused any problems for her....It is hard to prevent it from spreading, because unfortunately, by the time you know that you've got it, it's too late. You are already past the contagious stage. Darn it. If I thought there were any chance of Mackenzie "sharing" the germs, I would have gladly kept her home. but, unfortunately, by that point, the damage, if any, had already been done. Anyway, the nurse clarified a few things for me and while I don't agree with the school's decision, I can respect their position. Mackenzie can't wait to go back. She LOVES school.

1 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is great news for the both of you!